Job Summary and Responsibilities
The Markle Foundation is an entrepreneurial and innovative organization with a graphically dispersed team that is committed to creating a skills-based labor market that works for all Americans. We are looking for a hands on Administrative Project Coordinator who will provide excellent support to the Chief Program Officer as well as the Chief Distribution and Development Officer. The successful candidate will be adaptable, detail-oriented, and team-oriented. The candidate should expect to join a collegial organization that places a high premium on intellectual curiosity and collaboration.
Planning and Organizing
- Coordinate, prioritize, and trouble-shoot inquiries to ensure productivity and responsiveness of Chief Program Officer and the Chief Distribution and Development Officer. Anticipate needs. Create daily and weekly plans.
- Manage calendars, schedule meetings and handle the communication of priorities and needed actions for the Chief Program Officer and the Chief Distribution and Development Officer.
- Handle administrative responsibilities such as booking travel, expense, and travel reimbursements, with a strong sense of attention to detail.
- Update salesforce database as needed for contacts and meetings.
- Support the Leadership Team in coordination, logistics, and strategic planning.
Communication and Research
- Handle confidential information with tactfulness and discretion.
- Support with preparation for and follow up on internal and external meetings, including public engagements.
- Prioritize and triage how to respond to outreach from potential partners or interested partners.
- Assist with document management processes across partners and industries to ensure quality control and historical archiving, e.g., of document versions and data collected.
- Research and accurately synthesize information to support the executives.
- May conduct light research as needed.
- Create and help refine documents and presentations to share with team members and external stakeholders.
Support with Project Management
- Create, edit, and maintain schedule of meetings, to dos, and deadlines, and correspondence in Microsoft office programs.
- Manage, track and coordinate activities and tasks.
- Provide regular updates on current projects by gathering information from project managers and leaders, prompting them for any necessary actions.
- Lead some projects independently.
- Support management and tracking of programs in terms of time sensitive milestones, interdependencies and other elements.
Support with Team Coordination
- Coordinate with teams across the organization proactively. Identify appropriate meeting participants; work with appropriate teams to prepare and/or manage the preparation of reports, briefings, other documents, and responses on tactical and strategic issues, as necessary.
- Work in close collaboration with Markle administrative staff to provide back up as needed.
- As is true of all Markle and the Alliance, all team members execute a diverse portfolio of projects across Skillful and Alliance and contribute to the learning culture through execution of pilots, supporting multiple initiatives and collaborating across teams and partner organizations.
Critical Skills and Competencies Considered
- Degree and Credential Requirements: NONE! We value candidates who can demonstrate capability and articulate how prior experiences will help them to contribute.
- Writing: Demonstrated ability to draft clear and concise letters and emails. Good proofreading skills.
- Research: Ability to identify and accurately synthesize information from reliable sources.
- Good Sense of Judgment: Ability to research, apply judgment, and formulate a point of view or recommendation. Has discretion and ability to maintain confidentiality at all times. Ability to handle sensitive information with tact and to maintain confidentiality Professional demeanor with ability to interact with others with tact and diplomacy.
- Understanding of and commitment to continuous learning of how historical and systemic barriers are embedded in and deeply consequential to opportunity in the labor market, pertaining to such issues as race, gender, age, class, and disabilities.
- Communication Skills: Ability to communicate effectively to various audiences in-person, virtually, over the phone, and in writing. Excellent communication, relationship management. Must know how/when to report up the chain of command and seek management oversight.
- Active Learner: Demonstrate a positive attitude with an openness and willingness to learn and the ability to receive and apply feedback to improve performance.
- Microsoft Office: Proficiency using Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Project Support: Ability to think through a project, define a process and timeline, and execute deliverables in a timely way.
- Problem Solving: Possesses excellent conceptual and analytical problem solving skills, with experience in tackling a range of strategic and operational issues. Able to bring a balance of creativity and practical business judgment to issues.
- Time Management: Good time management skills. Superior planning, organization, analytical and decision-making skills. Ability to work on multiple concurrent projects. Ability to respond appropriately to pressures, deadlines, and frequent changes in schedules and priorities; Nimble and flexible.
- Software and Data Tools Experience and comfort using various systems and tools for planning and project management, such as Salesforce and Asana.
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills: Act with a collaborative style to build rapport and establish credibility with Apply critical interpersonal and judgment skills to affect outcomes. Have comfort and confidence in offering helpful advice and counsel to colleagues at all levels.
- Nimble and Strategic in the Face of Change: Be comfortable in a fluid, changing organization that is responsive to its own successes and failures. Work effectively to deal with ambiguity and drive towards concrete solutions.
- Passion for the Alliance mission and value: Display an intellectual curiosity and passion for the mission at hand. Demonstrate ability to thrive and lead in a small, analytically rigorous organization that values direct, honest, and respectful transfer of ideas.
- Entrepreneurial mindset: Possesses the ability to seek out the next challenge and think outside constraints to get things done. Operate with a clear sense of purpose while being comfortable with ambiguity and change.
- Location: Colorado or Indiana (Hybrid)
- Title: Administrative Project Coordinator
- Reports to: Chief Program Officer and the Chief Distribution and Development Officer
- Term: Full-time
- Salary & Benefits: $55,000 – $70,000 base salary (depending on location and skill level), with generous benefits such as healthcare, retirement, and time off including parental leave.
- Travel: Minimal travel as needed and not exceeding 5-10%.
- Applying: Please email your resume to [email protected] with the subject:
Administrative Project Coordinator: Your last name
Markle is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, predisposing genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status, military status, or veteran’s status.