The Rework America Alliance is partnering with organizations nationwide to help workers from low-wage roles move into good jobs.
The Alliance is working with national organizations and their regional affiliates to lead this work in communities across the U.S. These organizations have the extensive networks and crucial local knowledge of the communities they serve to get support and resources to individuals who need it most. This includes Goodwill, National Urban League, RuralLISC and UnidosUS, their affiliates (listed below) and other local non-profits and workforce initiatives.
The Rework America Alliance expands to five new cities to help millions of workers move into good jobs.
A community focus to help job seekers
The Alliance is helping to establish community-wide support for job seekers by:
- Sharing actionable job market insights on good jobs, in-demand locally and relevant to those who have been displaced during the pandemic.
- Providing resources to worker-serving organizations so their career coaches and counselors can better support job seekers and help them identify good jobs and effective training aligned to those jobs.
- Working with employers to change the way they source and hire worker so they open opportunities to more job seekers and access a more diverse talent pool.
- Supporting the development of community-wide networks dedicated to connecting job seekers to good jobs with opportunity for advancement and economic mobility.
The initial regions and organizations leading efforts locally are:
- Atlanta, Georgia – Goodwill of North Georgia
- Austin, Texas – Austin Area Urban League
- Denver, Colorado – Mi Casa Resource Center , a UnidosUS affiliate
- Detroit, Michigan – Southwest Economic Solutions, a UnidosUS affiliate
- Finger Lakes region, New York – PathStone, in partnership with Rural LISC
- Houston, Texas – SERJobs, a UnidosUS affiliate
- Los Angeles, California – Goodwill Southern California
- Minneapolis and St. Paul, Minnesota – Goodwill-Easter Seals Minnesota and Urban League Twin Cities
- New Orleans, Louisiana – Urban League of Louisiana
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania – Concilio de Organizaciones Hispanas, a UnidosUS affiliate
Our work also continues in the states of Indiana and Colorado building on previous successful collaborations.
Supporting state workforce leaders
The Alliance is also supporting state workforce leaders through the Rework America State Network, a non-partisan collaboration of 30 governors and the mayor of the District of Columbia, to transform the labor market at a scale and pace not possible through individual state actions.